Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Chocolate Covered Cherry Cookies!!!!














Chocolate Covered Cherry Cookies!!

Hmmm! Ever tried these? Don't they
look delicious? Want to try em? Here
is the recipe!!!



1 1/2 C Flour
1/2 C Unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 T Salt
1/4 T Baking powder
1/4 T Baking soda
1/2 C Butter (or margarine,)
Softened
1 C Sugar
1 Egg
1 1/2 t Vanilla
48 Maraschino cherries
Frosting
6 oz Semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 C Sweetened condensed milk
Cherry juice (4 to 5 tsp)
1. In stir together flour, cocoa, salt, baking powder and baking
soda. In another bowl, beat butter and sugar until fluffy. Add egg and
vanilla to butter-sugar mixture and beat well. Gradually add dry
ingredients to butter-sugar mixture and beat until well blended.
2. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheet and
push down center of each ball with thumb. Drain cherries and reserve
juice. Place 1 cherry in center of each indentation. Heat oven to 350
degrees.
3. For frosting, put chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk in
small saucepan. Heat until chocolate melts. Stir in 4 teaspoons cherry
juice. If too thick, add more juice.
4. Spoon 1 teaspoon frosting over each cherry. Spread to cover cherry.
Bake 10 minutes or until done. Do not overcook. Remove to wire rack and
cool. The cookies freeze nicely.





5 comments:

Lesa Antone said...

Okay, so those look awesome! Wonder if they would last in my house long enough to even make it off the baking sheet!!?

Tanya said...

lol! probably not!

William Joe said...

Great recipe...I love everything cherry. I eat the dried cherries and drink the cherry juice every day.

Kids Learn @ Kiboom Daily said...

OMG! While you were making mouth-watering chocolate covered cherry cookies (I want one!!!),I've been very busy with my social networking lately!

Which brings me to the reason for this post:

I am really very sorry that this is a form letter :(

However we spent days following everyone on the Simply Follow list from the Mom Bloggers Club, and out of 690 people, maybe only 10 followed us :(

I don’t know if you joined our blog or not, but if you have a moment, could you PLEASE go over to http://www.kiboomu.blogspot.com and give us a quick follow?

Again, sorry for this form letter, but I am going to to back to ALL 690+ people that we followed and leaving this note. Hopefully we will get a super great turnout now!

BTW I LOVE YOUR BLOG!!

XOXOXO
Wendy

Tanya said...

Hi, Wendy!

I am already following you!
I know what you mean about
the MBC. I have followed at
least 300 people and I haven't
got even half of that back.So
I stopped participating.