Caramel Pecan Treasures!
Don't these look Yummy?!
I want totry them...do you?
Here is the recipe if you'd
liked to try them too! :0)
Caramel Pecan Treasures
Yield: 60 Servings
1 c Butter,softened
3/4 c light,Lightly Packed
1 t Vanilla
1 3/4 c All-purpose flour
1/2 t Baking powder
12 oz Semisweet chocolate chips
1 T Vegetable shortening
25 caramels,cut in, up to 30
Half,rolled into balls
Preparation time: 50 minutes Cooking time: 15 minutes
1. Heat oven to 325 degrees. Have ungreased baking sheets ready.
2. Cream butter, sugar and vanilla in large mixer bowl until well-mixed.
Stir in flour and baking powder. (If kitchen is warm, refrigerate
dough for a few minutes; dough should be firm enough to roll easily.)
Shape scant teaspoonsful of dough into balls about the size of a marble.
Place on baking sheet, leaving about 2 inches between cookies. Flatten
3. Bake until golden, about 15 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool.
4. Melt chocolate chips with shortening in top of double boiler set
over simmering water. Remove from heat.
5. Flatten caramel halves so they are the same diameter as the cookie.
Put one caramel half on top of each cookie. (If necessary, use a dab of
chocolate as "glue" to help caramel adhere to cookie.) Using a small
metal spatula, spread melted chocolate thinly over top and sides of
caramel and cookie to cover. Press chopped pecans onto tops of cookies.
Let stand on a wire rack until chocolate firms (refrigerate if desired),
about 20 minutes. Put into individual paper wrappers. Store in a
cookie tin with a piece of wax paper between each layer.